Click here for KARA's geographic boundaries.
What is KARA about?
How do I join KARA?
KARA is made up of a membership of individual residents
of Kleinburg, Nashville and area, over the age of 18, who join for a one-time membership
fee of $20. KARA has an elected board of up to 18 directors
nominated from its membership and four Officers elected
by the Directors, all of whom volunteer their time in service to the community.
You may send an email expressing your interest, or call
one of our directors. We will get a membership application to you then just.
mail it with your one time $20 membership
fee, to us at PO Box 202, Kleinburg, ON, L0J 1C0
What are KARA's 2018 goals?
How does KARA operate?
- To guide and encourage development consistent with Kleinburg’s
Official Development Plan - OP2010 / OPA 633 / Heritage Conservation District Guidelines
- To enliven the cores of our villages
- To implement a traffic action plan
- To review the long range plan for water supply and sewage
- To assist residents with improvement of local services
- To preserve and promote green spaces
- To conserve our heritage and historical properties
- To communicate effectively with the community
- To liaise with and add value to other community organizations
(including Council and the BIA)
KARA has several working committees focused on the most
vital aspects of living in our growing community. You do not have to be a Director to be part of a committee - KARA
members and residents are invited to become involved with
working committees. Please call a Director or email us at KARA@kara-inc.ca
if you would like to join a committee.
Current KARA Directors
Kathryn Angus (President) 905-893-1333
Old Subdivision (Kleinburg):
David Brand (Treasurer) 905-893-1254
John Cutler (Secretary)
Treelawn and North Kleinburg:
Donna Rotondo 905-893-7555
Kleinburg West and Nashville:
Ken Schwenger 905-893-0929